Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop

Sometimes, I think New York must be heaven on Earth. Around every corner I turn or every city I look up on the internet holds some gem, some oasis from the sea of crap and mediocrity that our world generally is these days. And today, I found a fresh breath of garage air called the Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop, located in Greenfield Center, NY. It's kinda stupid that I haven't heard about them until now, because they are masters of what they do and quite well known in the hot rod community. Way to go, me! Always two steps behind.


Image from Hot Rod Revival

The two proprietors of this old school speed shop, Ken Schmidt and Keith Cornell, appear to be (I say appear because I haven't been there or anything) churning out some really well-built, classically styled hot rods prime for melting salt out in Bonneville. They even have a documentary out about a trip with their cars to the Mecca of rod-racing, aptly titled "The Road to Bonneville".

I highly recommend checking them out if you are anywhere in that area. They seem like a bunch of like-minded good guys who are worth supporting. Check out more photos of their shop here and a Deuce frame buildup process article at Street Rodder mag.

No comments:

Post a Comment