Saturday, October 3, 2009

NUT UP OR SHUT UP


That is all that I have planned for my day. I figure after seeing it, I will be in such an awesome zombie stupor that I might not be able to do much else than sit on the couch and say, "Woah."

And much like a fine, fine wine, Woody "Hippie Ass" Harrelson gets better and better with age. His humanitarian hemp self can twist all up into some Ashtanga in my living room any time.

(Side note: I also just realized his birthday is two days after mine. I swear to god, we're kindred spirits. He's living my sustainable vegan dream in Hawaii and killing the shit out of stuff in many of my favorite movies.)

Enough sappy granola-muncher love, here's a video!




Speaking of films, you should also check out Fuel, a movie about - you guessed it! - our country's retardedly crippling dependence on foreign oil.



I was recommended it by another gearhead friend of mind who's exact quote about it was:
    "I’m not a big fan of preachy eco documentaries but this one isn’t too preachy and is actually very practically oriented. It also echoes my point about the whole biofuel movement which is that no matter what the other merits of Bio Fuel, it gets us out of the middle east and then we can let those people jihad themselves/each other all they want. I have a great pitch for the hotrod community to support Bio… here it is: The more Biofuel we get the rest of the country to use instead of oil, the longer the oil will last and the cheaper it will be (less demand the lower the price). Then we can use all the gasoline we want."

Fuckin' A-merica, he's got it totally right.

No comments:

Post a Comment