Monday, September 28, 2009

Harley Davidson: Art of Rebellion show, Oct. 17th, NYC

Coming to the La. Venue in Manhattan is Harley-Davidson organized Art of Rebellion, another round of posters and custom painted gas tanks from several of the best gigposter artists today to present their take on the theme of "rebellion". All the artists involved are masters of their craft, but I have a special place in my heart for a few of them I know more personally (Chantry, Kozik, Tara McPherson and Brian Ewing). I always like to see up close and personal what people I like have been working on.



The Art of Rebellion is a one-night only event taking place on October 17, 2009 at LA Venue in the Chelsea arts district of New York City. Each artist will have an original, one-of-a-kind piece created on an Iron 883 tank, as well as signature posters from their collection available for purchase.

La. Venue is located at 608 West 28th Street (Between 11th & 12th Ave, New York, NY 10001. There will be DJs, free drinks and the event itself is 100% FREE. Doesn't get better than that!




A preview of Kozik's painted bike parts.



Dirty Donny's contribution.

This is also going on the same week as the Royal Flush Festival, an insane four day stretch of hard rock art, music and film events, coinciding with the release of the latest issue of Royal Flush Magazine, put together by my buddy Josh Bernstein and a handful of his metal head SVA graduate friends. This new issue is also special because my most handsome and talented man-friend Mark was asked to participate and illustrate a section.

So I'll be killing myself from October 14th - 19th, trying to survive going to work every morning after having been up rocking the fuck out of every art show, rock show and party to be had. I suspect it will all be worth it. Join me...jerks!

No comments:

Post a Comment