Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BASS SLAPPIN' BOOGIE: The Rockabilly Ranch

Sitting in front of a computer working all day can be a big, and literal, pain in the ass. My co-workers are constantly complaining about how much they hate everything in their iTunes library (self included) because it's all be listened to over and over and over. Today I decided to end the madness and go on a hunt for something to lift my spirits and put a little pushin in my tush. Lo and behold I found my sweaty seat salvation:



It's a happy little music blog (actually, it's pretty expansive) called the Rockabilly Ranch with hundreds and literally hundreds of old rockabilly tunes from a ton of artists that, sadly, I've never even heard of. You can download the entire program of songs from each week, but you need to download WinRAR (or another similar .rar file extraction program - .rar files are similar to .zip files, only a tad more powerful) to get the songs out of their digital file cage and onto your iPod or CD or whatever form of technology that delivers music to your ears.

Is it illegal downloading? I guess so, since I doubt any of those songs were recorded pre-1922. So, as far as I'm concerned, I am officially telling you that illegally downloading music is...illegal. Which means you shouldn't do it and I take no responsibility for giving you the information and the tools to do it. Hardware stores sell lock picking kits, chains, saws and guns (depending on where you live)...it's up to you to exercise your morally outstanding concience not to go rob stores or kill anybody. The way I look at it, this logic legally prevents me from being sued if anybody that reads this downloads anything.

I look at things like this as an opportunity to hear an artist you might otherwise never know you liked and then go on to buy their album and give $$ where $$ is due (and deserved). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment